Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program (HOPWA)
The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS program provides assistance to low-income individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and their family members who live with them.
- Nonprofit Organizations Only
- Demonstrate at least one year of experience in serving its community
- Clients must be documented with HIV/AIDS diagnosis and meet HUD income guidelines for the county of their residence within the service area
- Must increase the availability of decent, safe, and affordable housing for low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Must be in Fayette, Shelby, and Tipton Counties in Tennessee, DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica Counties in Mississippi, and Crittenden County in Arkansas
Eligible Activities include
- Acquisition and/or rehabilitation
- Operations of a wide range of housing programs
- Rental Assistance
- Housing information and outreach, and supportive services.
– note all applications must be completed electronically
HCD will start accepting applications for HOPWA at 8:00 a.m. on December 5, 2022, and will close on February 3, 2023 at 4 p.m
Current HOPWA Recipients