Skip to Content Skip to Content

Legal Assistance

We cannot refer you to a specific attorney or endorse any attorney in private practice.  However, if you need legal representation for a private matter you may contact Memphis Bar Association (901) 527-3573 to obtain a referral.

If you need Legal Services at little or no cost, the following agencies may be able to assist you:

Memphis Area Legal Service
(901) 523-8822

Community Legal Center
(901) 543-3395

Memphis Bar Association
(901) 527-3573 

Tennessee Legal Aid Service
State Services Directory
The Tennessee Bar Association
Shelby County Probate Court (Wills and Estates)
Permits and License Office (Liquor by the  drink, Special Event Permits and Wrecker & Tow Services)
Circuit Court (Divorces and Tax Sales)
Expungement process for Shelby County
Shelby County Juvenile Court
Traffic Violations
State of Tennessee Expungement Program
Child Support Services
Shelby County Clerk (Vehicle tags and marriage license)
Shelby County Attorney General
State of TN Attorney General
General Sessions Court (Civil Matters)