At least 15 percent of HOME funds must be set aside for affordable housing activities to be undertaken by a special type of nonprofit called a CHDO in the communities that they serve. All applications must be submitted electronically.
- Organized for the purpose of providing decent, affordable housing.
- No individual benefit to members, founders, or contributors.
- Clearly defined geographic service area.
- Nonprofit status.
- A board that is representative of the community it serves.
- Demonstrate at least one year of experience in serving the community where the housing will be developed.
The application period for CHDO funds is currently open on a rolling basis.
Note to applicants: Please submit your completed application with all required attachments to the City of Memphis via secured link to HCDCHDOCertification@memphistn.gov.