Contract Compliance Services Overview
- Provide information and assistance to M/WBEs to increase their ability to compete effectively for the award of City contracts.
- Keep M/WBEs apprised of opportunities for technical assistance and training.
- In conjunction with the Division of Finance, monitor contracts for compliance with M/WBE participation goals throughout the contract term.
- Assist where directed the Division of Finance in preparing compliance guidelines for contractors which would include monitoring and reporting procedures and recommendations for actions to be taken should noncompliance occur.
- Monitor the City’s progress toward the achievement of M/WBE Program Goals.
- Issue an exit interview for any contract which includes M/WBE prime Contractor participation as a joint venture partner.
- Resolve disputes between M/WBE subcontractors and prime Contractors.
- Provide information, guidance and assistance in the M/WBE certification process.
- Oversee all City of Memphis Title VI Compliance Issues.
- Update and disseminate the M/WBE list throughout the City’s Divisions.
- Participate in the establishment of M/WBE goals on City Construction contracts/projects over $100,000.
- Participate in the establishment of M/WBE goals on City Goods, Supplies, and Non-Professional Services contracts/projects in excess of $50,000.
- Participate in the establishment of M/WBE goals on City Professional Services contracts/projects over $50,000.
If your company plans to bid on City of Memphis contracts and you are a certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and/or Minority or Woman-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) by the Uniform Certification Agency (UCA), it is to your benefit to register with Contract Compliance. In addition, it is also beneficial for certified MBE firms with certifications from the TMSDC or WBE firms with certifications from the Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBEC) to register with Contract Compliance.